Wisconsin Interscholastic Speech & Dramatic Arts Association (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it.
In this policy, we describe the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.wisdaa.org (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and sharing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. This policy may change from time to time so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Children Under the Age of 13 #
Because middle school students participate in our programming, we acknowledge those students, including those under the age of 13, might register for accounts on our Website. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA“) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this section, “parents“) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13 (“children“). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children:
We require all Website users, including students, to provide their name, institutional affiliation, city, state, and email address during the account registration process.
- How we use the information we collect from children:
All information is used solely internally. We will aggregate this information to learn more about our participants.
With respect to the Website, we use personal information solely for the purpose of website development and maintenance, including but not limited to diagnostic and testing purposes.
- Our practices for disclosing information we collect from children:
We do not provide personal information of children to third parties for any reason.
We may provide aggregated information to potential sponsors and donors, as part of our case for why they should support the Association. A child will not be personally identified, nor will a child’s individual, disaggregated information be used as part of any such effort without the express written consent of the child’s parent.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
We provide notice of our privacy practices to and collect verifiable consent from parents through a variety of means depending on the context and purpose for which we collect personal information from children. In some instances, we will provide notice through our Website or an email and obtain consent from a parent at an email address or phone number that is not provided by a child. In other situations, we may collect consent by engaging in a monetary transaction with a parent or by obtaining written signed consent from a parent. A parent can review a child’s personal information, direct us to delete it, and refuse to allow any further collection or use of a child’s information. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. The parent must provide us with enough information to verify the identity and locate their child’s account.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this Website:
Wisconsin Interscholastic Speech & Dramatic Arts Association, 1501 Saint Andrew St, Ste C200, La Crosse, WI 54603
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It #
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, institutional affiliation, or any other identifier by which we may contact you (“personal information“);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register a user account, enroll in a course, pay an invoice, or purchase materials/merchandise.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
How We Use Your Information #
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other legal purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information #
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Wisconsin Interscholastic Speech & Dramatic Arts Association’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Wisconsin Interscholastic Speech & Dramatic Arts Association about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Wisconsin Interscholastic Speech & Dramatic Arts Association, our customers, or others.
Deleting Your Data #
If you (or the parent of a minor child) would like to delete your personal information, you can do so by contacting us via the Website.
Please note that by turning cookies off, you will not have access to certain features available on our Website.
Embedded Contact #
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Data Security #
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Only authorized personnel are provided access to personal information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential.
We also need your help in connection with the safety and security of your personal information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Contact Information #
Wisconsin Interscholastic Speech & Dramatic Arts Association
1501 Saint Andrew St, Ste C200
La Crosse, WI 54603
Phone: (920) 710-1895