* Must be created by the coach and linked to the student record within a school, so it is connected with the student’s entry to the contest.
** If a school Google account, the student must have permissions/ability to copy a file template to their Drive account, so they can edit the new document on their account. Some schools have locked-down systems that do not allow accessing Google Drive files outside of the school network/Drive system. Check with your IT person if you’re not sure.
Instructions to Contestants
- Each round, the draw/preparation room manager will open the draw for each speaker position (first, second, third, etc.).
- Contestants will log into https://live.speechwire.com, where they will see a link under a section entitled “Draw,” labeled as “Click here to enter draw.” They may click that link when the draw supervisor instructs them to do do.
- If the draw/prep supervisor has opened the contestant’s draw, the contestant should see a link, “Click here to draw now,” which should open a prompt to copy the Radio packet file to the student’s Google Drive.
- The student may immediately begin editing the file on their Google Drive. No outside information may be incorporated; adjudicators will have a copy of the packet to consult.
- The student is expressly allowed to read/recite their radio newscast from their device as if they were reading from paper.